We think one good deed deserves another, so we're happy to help charitable 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations—or the international equivalent to a charitable 501(c)(3)—with a free or discounted account. At SmugMug, you get a versatile medium to connect with members, document your efforts, and touch the global community with history's most powerful and influential means of communication: photography.
- Eligible organization types
- Ineligible organization types
- Example organizations using our non-profit accounts
- Applying for a non-profit account
The fine print
Only non-profit organizations whose missions benefit the local community are eligible. This could include organizations with the following missions:
- Actively furthering anti-racist and anti-discrimination efforts
- Representing and advocating for underrepresented and marginalized groups
- Supporting the public good
- Offering services at no or low cost
- Environmental protection or restoration
- Animal rescues
- Public libraries
- Special Olympics and adaptive sports
- Survivors of sexual abuse
- Veteran support
- Organizations that support underfunded and underprivileged communities at free to low cost in the areas of
- Food disparity
- Access to health care
- Access to education
- Access to housing
- Access to legal services (i.e., immigration)
Not all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations are eligible. Ineligible organizations include the following:
- Clubs (sports, games, scouts, other social)
- Educational institutions
- Governmental organizations or agencies
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
Your organization’s work must also fall within our Terms of Service.
Link Ethiopia—Promotes understanding and gives disadvantaged children the tools to achieve their full potential through education.
Miles for Mankind—An organization that envisions a world where all children deserve the opportunity to get an education, have enough to eat, and live productive lives.
Free the Bears—Protects, preserves, and enriches the lives of bears throughout the world.
If you believe your organization is a good fit, we would love to hear from you and review your application.
SmugMug is the sole determiner of which charitable 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations qualify. While we look forward to reviewing your application, we reserve the right to deny any application at any time and for any reason.