Pricelists give you the ability to efficiently manage all your pricing in one place. Each pricelist is like a bucket into which you can easily drop galleries to price them.
This feature is available for Portfolio and Pro plans. Portfolio accounts can have many pricelists though only one pricelist can be active at a time, and it will apply to all galleries that have printing turned on. Pro accounts can have multiple active pricelists, so every gallery can be priced differently if desired.
For information about pricing digital downloads, check out the this article for more info.
- Get started
- Sell video downloads
- For our highest-level seller account
- Select your default pricelist
- Apply your pricing to folders, galleries and photos
- Delete a pricelist
- Things to know about pricelists
Important: When you're logged in, the prices you see in the shopping cart will be SmugMug's base prices, not your custom pricing. This enables you to order your own photos at cost. After you've set prices, it's a good idea to check them by logging out and viewing your SmugMug site to see what your customer will see.
Find your pricelists manager by clicking the Selling Tools tab in your navigation bar. Then click Manage in the Pricelists section.
To make a new pricelist, hit the big, green Create New button at the top of the pricelist manager.
When creating a new pricelist, you'll need to name your pricelist, choose your print lab, select your preferred currency, choose whether you want to use lab color correction, and choose if you want to use SmugMug's suggested pricing. If you choose not to use SmugMug's suggested pricing, you'll be able to set your own prices later. Click Continue.
Note: It’s important to know which lab you want to use because you can’t change it later for a pricelist. You'll need to create a new pricelist if you decide you want to use a different lab.
Choose if you want to sell digital downloads, then click Continue.
Choose if you want to sell greeting cards and/or albums, as well as what you want your mark-up to be, then click Continue.
After you click Create Pricelist, your pricelist will be ready for your clients. As a Portfolio account you can make it your default pricelist and adjust anything as needed.
Now you can edit the pricelist to change your prices and add or remove items from the list.
Click Choose Products if you want to select additional items you want to offer for sale. If you didn't use suggested pricing when creating your pricelist, you'll need to use Choose Products ensure your pricelist has items in it available for sale.
For Portfolio accounts, you'll need to choose the one pricelist you want to have active. To do this, click the Make this my active pricelist checkbox at the top of your pricelist.
Once you've got everything dialed in to your liking, click Apply Changes, and you're done! Your can always check which pricelist you have active by looking for the green pricelist name, including (Default), on your pricelists page.
Want to delete a pricelist? Read about that here.
Important: If you subscribe to SmugMug Source and have Shopping turned ON in a gallery with RAW files, the display JPGs for those RAW files will be available for a guest to purchase. The RAW files are never available for purchase. To prevent the display JPG files from being available for purchase, turn Visitor Shopping Cart OFF in the gallery settings. Navigate to the Organizer Gallery Settings Selling tab to turn visitor shopping off.
You can sell two different sizes of video downloads under both personal and commercial licenses.
Note: To allow the gallery download option for a gallery that contains only videos or a mix of photos and videos, you’ll need to enable the Gallery product under the Downloads - Personal/Commercial Photo License section.
It's dead simple to offer one pricelist for your weddings, another pricelist for sports, and another for your friends and family. You can even price individual photos if you wish.
Best of all, you have the ability to set your pricing in the currency of your choice, and your visitors have the option to choose other currencies when they shop on your site.
Just follow the steps above to set up multiple pricelists. Then read on below to see how to apply them to different galleries or photos.
Your default pricelist contains the pricing and products that will be applied to all new galleries you create on your site, and to any folders, galleries, or photos that don't have another pricelist applied to them for our Pro accounts. Your default pricelist will appear in the top section labeled Default Pricelist.
Click a list to expand it and see an overview of the products included, lab assigned, currency, and more. Click the Edit button to open the pricelist for editing.
If you’re still in your 14-day free trial, we’ll automatically provide you with a starter pricelist for your orders, set with a starting profit. Make sure to update this list if it doesn't match what you'd like for profit.
Once you’ve chosen or edited products, don’t forget to apply your changes. Since we’re talking about your default for now, just click the Make this my default pricelist checkbox at the top.
Click Apply Changes, and you're all set!
Important: Any custom-defined images in a pricelist will be removed and need to be reassigned if you change your default pricelist.
Once you’ve set your default pricelist, create as many pricelists as you want exactly the same way. The only difference is that you’ll need to choose which folders or galleries your pricing applies to via the This Pricelist Applied To buttons on the right.
Tip: You can select galleries individually or in bulk from the gallery and photo picker, including entire folders!
The tools on the right-hand side give you another chance to edit your amount of guaranteed profit, whether or not you use color correction, and if you want to round up your pricing.
Note: If you choose to round up your pricing, your clients will see neater pricing in the shopping cart. Keep in mind that because we're rounding up, you may earn slightly more profit than what you see entered in the boxes on the left. Those numbers are just your minimum profit, and we'll pass along any extra to you.
If you want to specify the final displayed price rather than the profit, enter the desired prices into the Price column. We'll highlight the price we use in green font. Keep in mind that when you set the price (rather than profit), fluctuations in the base cost will impact your take-home pay.
You can also change a gallery's pricelist from within the gallery itself. From Site navigate to the gallery you want to update, then click Gallery Pricing, in the section bar. In the window that opens, select which pricelist you want the gallery to use and click Save.
You can also change the pricing for an entire folder of galleries. From Site navigate to a folder you want to update, then click Folder Pricing in the section bar, choose your pricelist, and click Save.
You can also change pricing for an entire folder of galleries from within the folder settings. From within the Organizer navigate to the desired folder you want to update. Select Settings Selling tab, use the drop down menu to select the pricelist desired, and click Save.
Under each pricelist on your account, you'll see a Delete option:
Click it to remove that pricelist from your account. You won't be able to delete a default pricelist until you assign a different pricelist as your default first.
- Digital downloads have a minimum cost: $.01 for individual photos and $.99 for gallery downloads. Additionally, if your shopping cart subtotal is less than $10.00 and contains at least one download file, we'll add a single $0.50 charge. This covers processing and delivery fees, and our world-famous customer support. Want to offer them for free? Enable Originals in your gallery, create a backup file to share, or create a coupon to nuke the charges at checkout.
- You can set your markup OR the final price shown in the cart. Setting your profit ensures you earn a set amount with each sale, but the price your customers see may change with cost fluctuations. Similarly, setting your displayed price may result in your profits differing when base costs of products change at the lab. If the base cost ever rises higher than your set price, we'll automatically revert back to the initial profit amount you set when you first saved your pricelist.
- Choose your print lab the moment you create the pricelist. If you change your mind on an existing pricelist, you’ll need to create a new one with the lab of your choice.
- If you use Bay Photo, you and your clients can order matting, framing, and other mounting options. These are called photo add-ons, and even though you can't mark up the pricing on this part of the order, the print arrives beautifully finished, saving you a trip to the framing shop.
- If you want to block the sales of photos completely, set a pricelist with no items for sale and apply it to the gallery.
- Events, collected photos, and smart galleries will use the pricelist applied to the original source gallery.
- Pricelists are inherited by folders, galleries, and photos. If a photo doesn't have a pricelist manually assigned, it will inherit the pricelist from the gallery it's in. If the gallery doesn't have a pricelist manually assigned, it will inherit its pricelist from the folder it's in or, if it isn't in a folder, it will inherit the default pricelist.