Content blocks are building blocks for your site. Access your Customizer by selecting Site from the navigation bar, then navigate to the page you want to customize and select the Customize Design button in the section bar.
Once you're in the Customizer, add any content block to the page by dragging it from the content tab of the customize panel and dropping it onto your page.
Note: If you're viewing a gallery or folder, and want to customize only that gallery or folder, be sure when you enter the Customizer that you select Make This Gallery Custom or Make This Folder Custom in the upper-right area of the Customizer panel.
When you drag a new content block onto your page, a hover guide will appear to help you know where the block can be dropped: above, below, left, or right of any existing content.
You'll be able to fine-tune the position of the container on the page after you add it. There are ten different types of content available to you:
Every content block can be edited after adding it to the page. The tools menu will pop open on the top left if you hover your mouse over the content block. This allows you to edit as well as delete that content.
Move icon: Drag and drop this content block to another location on the page.
Margin icon: Change the margins of the content block.
Wrench icon: Adjust the settings for the content block.
Trashcan icon: Delete the content block.
Alternatively, some content blocks can be edited globally. To access them, go to Site link in the navigation bar, browse to one of your galleries, and select the Customize Design button in the section bar. You’ll see the global settings in the Content tab beneath the All Galleries heading: Gallery, Lightbox, and Breadcrumb.
These page elements help display your galleries, folders, and pages on your site.
- Galleries: Display certain galleries or all galleries.
- Folders: Display particular folders.
- Folders, Galleries, and Pages: Display all content levels together.
- Pages: Display certain pages.
- Single Photo: Add a block that contains a single image to any page, gallery, or folder.
- Multiple Photos: Add a block that contains more than one image to any page, gallery, or folder. (Note: If you select the Photos I Choose option, photos will appear in the order you select them. To change the order, you'll need to change the setting to Selected and then deselect and reselect as needed to reorder the images.)
- Slideshow: Add a slideshow to any page, gallery, or folder.
- Carousel: Add a photo carousel to any page, gallery, or folder.
These page elements help your visitors move around and search your site.
- Menu: Build a navigation bar with links to other pages on your site, as well as to any external sites you'd like your viewers to visit (e.g., a blog).
- Breadcrumb: Add a breadcrumb to reveal the links between your homepage and the page being viewed.
- Button: Add a custom button to your pages.
- Featured Events (Pro plan): Feature an event on any page you create.
Embed video or YouTube content onto any page on your SmugMug site. (Vimeo embedding is available for Power-level accounts and higher.)
- Logo: Include your logo anywhere on your SmugMug site to brand your pages.
- Separator: Add page separators to your site to help guide viewers' eyes.
- Spacer: Add spacing between content blocks to give your content more breathing room.
- Text: Add text, including titles and descriptions, to your page. Formatting is not included when you copy and paste text from another location into this content block. Once you paste any text into the block, you'll need to use the available formatting options at the top.
- Title: If you add a Title content block to the All Folders or All Galleries section and leave the title blank, the Title block will display folder/gallery titles automatically.
Note: Edit the Theme to customize the font for the Text and Title content blocks. The header font applies to the title, and the body font applies to the text.
- Profile: Your personal or professional profile. Show a cover and profile image along with a few lines of text about yourself.
- Social Icons: Link to your social-media sites.
- Comments: Invite comments from fans. You can use a comment block to create a guestbook page.
- Feed: RSS Feeds from external websites. Pull your most recent blog posts onto a page on your SmugMug site.
Help your visitors find the photos they're looking for with ease.
- Search Box: Add a search box to any folder, gallery, or page.
- Keyword Cloud: Create a clickable cloud of your keywords your visitors can use to navigate based on their interests.
- Map: Add a map to any folder, gallery, or page to show where your photos were taken if you've entered location data for them.
Integrate your services from external providers into your SmugMug site
- Google Calendar: Add a Google Calendar to any folder, gallery, or page to help your clients find an available booking date.
- Google Translate: Add a drop-down menu to your site that allows your visitors to select what language they prefer to browse in. Your entire site will be translated to the language they choose!
- Wufoo Form: Add a custom WuFoo form to make it easier for your visitors to provide the information you need.
For when you want advanced control over the look of your site or page.
- CSS: Drag the CSS content block onto a page to specify a particular style for that page.
- HTML: Drag the HTML content block onto a page to specify your design via HTML and CSS.